Saturday, May 26, 2007

Seriously! Two projects down, two to go!

Okay so last night I stayed up and knocked out the baby shower invites that I needed to make for Leana's baby shower. I know what you are saying. If you have read my blog for a while you are saying..didn't you already make baby shower invites for Leana. The answer is yes...but no. Yes I made her baby shower invites..BUT they were for a baby shower that she had in her husband's hometown. But of course we will have to have one for her here! DUH! Anyway..I can't even start to express how hard it is for me to make the one card over and over. I mean seriously it is nearly impossible for me to CASE myself. Why...oh because I start to think oh this might look better like this..or it make look better in this color. So here are nine invites...NONE exactly the same



Okay all products are Stampin Up, except for the sparkles. I used the Bundle of Joy Stamp set. The sentiment, background swirls, and our giraffe friend is from this stamp set. I stamped the giraffe on Whisper White in Chocolate Chip and colored him in with more mustard and close to cocoa watercolor crayons. I came back with the blender pen to fill in the spots. I then used two way glue on his spots, tail and mane and used ultra fine orignal art glitter in crystal. I love the effect it adds. I love the frosting!! (Sorry that is for my friend Logan. He loves that How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days movie) I then mounted him on Cool Caribbean, I am going to miss you, and then summer sun. I used the spiral punch and mounted him again on close to cocoa. Just to bring out the punch. I used the round tab punch to apply the sentiment, which is stamped in more mustard. I then mounted all of those layers on the cool caribbean base. I used the Au Chocolate designer paper just as an accept to reveal the opening. I used the slit punch. I thought it was a better choice then the normal open and close type card! I was going to make something really WOW. Since it was only eight and I could pop out eight SUPERSTAR cards! But no..I went with a simple comfort! So on the inside I am going to just go to my computer and print off the inside stuffs on vanilla cardstock..maybe sponge those edges..who knows. Okay so on to the next project, Nanea's birthday invites! Wish me luck!
xoxo
ronee

No comments: