Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Hello there blogging world!

It has been a busy few days. One of my favorite friends is currently "with child." She is the cutest thing! I loveher. So she is going to Illinois to be with the in-laws and is having a baby shower. SO, she asked me to make her invites. Which I was totally jazzed. We..like it involved me..but We are so excited that she is pregnant! She is a great Aunty..she already has three nephews. So she found out she was having a boy a few weeks ago! I totally knew it. So I sat down with Leana and wanted to know what she had in mind. What colors..if there was going to be a theme? You know the basic questions. Ethan..her hubby is a huge sports fan. So I was sure their theme would be basketball or baseball. Something along those lines. But when I went to go and talk to them and she said they liked this bear that had all the sports themes I knew I would be using Bundle of Joy out of SU's summer mini. The bear was going to be perfect. I used Choco Chip as the card base and Brocade Blue for the insert. Anyway..so I made this for her invite!

I made criss cross cards. Okay now in theory this was a great idea! EXCEPT multiply by 30. Why do I do these things to myself? Well because I love her! Everything I used was from SU! I used the swirl and stars to stamp on the Chocolate Chip card base with Chocolate Chip ink. I stamped the moon and stars in Brocade blue on Brocade blue card stock. I stamped in Brocade sweetheat on the twill. I stamped the bear on Very Vanilla with Chocolate chip ink and used Close to Cocoa watercolor crayon and blender pen to shade him. I decided to go with a later brown because I wanted him to contrast the cardstock. I used French Blue and Silver skinny organdy for his tie and the top of the insert card. We are going to print off the details of the shower on whisper white card stock in the same blue hue and the layer that on the insert piece. So I took me most of yesterday and this morning to get these finished. The three girls are on spring break so it's been hard to find time to create. They want breakfast, they want lunch, they want to go outside! Just playing! I love spending time with the girls! We were playing the sprinkler yesterday and riding our bikes..But we had to come in because I had to get ready for my friend Shelly's birthday dinner! Shelly is 30! Happy Birthday, Sexy Mama! This is Shelly and her Olive Garden cake!

Use for some post dinner drinks!

Shelly in the car on the way home!

Oh and I can't forget the the girls! Right..well here are the girls outside having some fun! I love to take pictures of the girls! Tyra wasn't interested in playing...she just wanted to sit outside!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your shower card! And your photographs are great! Looks like you and the girls (big and small) are having a blast over there! :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

The card is just the cutest! You have a great blog! I'm so glad I found you! :)