Wednesday, April 11, 2007

My swaps for Sunday

This months Carolina Swap is being hosted by Patti. Patti is an SU! demo and is very talented. But her theme this month is a Masculine card or Father's Day. OKAY..this was a problem for me! Masculine cards to me means not a little boys birthday card. SO no dinosaurs, no frogs, no cute little trucks and tractors. RIGHT??? Secondly, I do not own a Father's day set! Mental note, purchase a set for both...anyway..So here I am with about 50 sets and nothing popping out at me. All I have that I think I can use is Balmy breezes. Now I knew I loved this set..but for what..I don't know. So I pull it out..and think back to Ala Moana Beach Park. Now if you have ever visited the island of Oahu you know Ala Moana and it's awesome beach park. I smell the salt air. Flash back to the no parking. Days lying on the beach! BUT I think Palm Trees. Well I need a starter color..So a dusky green...ah..True Thyme. So that's my cardbase. SU! New In color True Thyme. I used the same color ink and swept it across whisper white paper. Sorta aging the paper's look. Then I stamped the Palm Tree in Chocolate Chip craft ink and embossed that. The effect is awesome. Now I attended on using a sentiment stamp I have had forever. It is Happy birthday in Hawaiian. Hau'oli La Hanau. BUT after I stamped them all I realized that the sentiment was too big. UH OH..for future reference check stuffs like that out! Anyway..so I have to come back and handwrite it. SO to me..the final product does not look as clean as it could, but heh..it's a masculine card..right?? I thought it looked a bit plain..SO I added the hodgepodge piece and a gave it a small piece of grosgrain ribbon in cream and spring moss.

I like it. Minus my handwritten words. I think it came out well. I love the old style feel of the card. Makes me miss home!!! I can't wait till Sunday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOOOOVE it! Great swap card!